Thursday, December 31, 2015

Chief Magaw’s Message to the Citizens of Prince George’s County:

 
 
As many of you may already know, today is my last day as the Chief of Police. It’s a bittersweet day. I’ve worn the badge of the PGPD for 32 years now and have been blessed to be the Chief for the last five years. It’s been the honor of my lifetime to serve as Chief. From the day I was sworn in, I’ve done my very best to lead this department in our goal to serve and protect this community. And from the very beginning, the wonderful citizens of this county welcomed me in this role. For that, I’m eternally grateful. This department is full of dedicated officers and civilian employees who truly care about serving others. We are, first and foremost, guardians of the community. Crime in the county is at historic lows which I attribute to both this department and our entire community. Together, we’re making a positive difference in the county.
 
Interim Chief Hank Stawinski takes over tomorrow. He is a good man and a strong leader. I know he will serve this community well. While it’s difficult to the leave the men and women of the PGPD, I look forward to continuing to serve this county in my new role as County Executive Baker’s Deputy Chief Administrative Officer for Public Safety. Happy New Year to you all. Be safe and God bless. 
 

No comments:

Blog Archive